Wellness in the Workplace
Fact: The overall cost of healthcare in the U.S. doubled from 1993 to 2004. Currently, health care costs consume 16 percent of the nation’s economic output and have become a mounting financial burden for all working adults.i
From sick leave to medical expenses, the health of a workforce directly affects the performance of an organization. Health care reform is forcing employers, providers, insurers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers to be more conscious and accountable for costs, quality, and performance. Further, healthcare is undergoing a clear shift toward wellness and PREVENTION as opposed to treating illness after it’s been diagnosed. Maxim offers health screenings, immunization programs, health coaching, and educational seminars to meet the needs of employer groups of all sizes.
With healthcare being such a critical legislative issue and its related costs continuing to skyrocket, corporations today are looking to offer more preventive health care benefits and incentives to employees in an effort to keep them as healthy and productive as possible. A healthy work force offers greater production, less absenteeism, and ultimately fewer costs to both employers and insurers. With Maxim, your members’ workforce can be protected too. Contact us for more information.
Impact of Health Care Reform on Wellness Programs
In a 2011 survey conducted by Price Waterhouse Coopers, employers were asked about changes they are making in their benefits plans, particularly in light of health care reform. The survey found:
- 89 percent likely will increase their health and wellness efforts.
- 84 percent of employers said they are likely to make changes in plan design to offset expected costs associated with the health reform law.
- 86 percent said they are likely to re-evaluate their overall benefits strategy.
Through a partnership with Maxim Health Systems, your clients will have the ability to offer on-site health and wellness programs to their employees. Maxim Health Systems has developed wellness screening options to help keep employees healthy, reduce sick leave and medical costs, and provide convenient access to health screenings and information. Screenings for cholesterol, glucose/A1c, body mass index, blood pressure, and common allergies are just some of the preventive measures that employers can take to increase productivity and workplace morale, while cutting medical and insurance costs. Post program, we’ll produce Executive Summary reports of the results to analyze the health, and identify the greatest risk factors of the population screened.
Advantages of Maxim Health Systems
With Maxim, health plans can enjoy countless advantages including:
- Comprehensive resource for provision of immunizations and wellness screenings
- Customized flu and wellness programs that are handled by a single point-of-contact
- Claim submissions
- Nationwide services with local staff available around-the-clock
- Automated clinic management software, allowing for real-time updates
- Emphasis on quality and customer service
- Customized reporting options
- Turn-key program delivery (We will handle the set-up, clean-up, and management of the program.)
- Marketing assistance to increase clinic participation, including posters, e-mails, and other promotional tools
Your clients and members depend on you. You can depend on us. Contact us for more information.
On-Site Health and Wellness Services Provided by Maxim
- Hepatitis B
Education and Support
- Health Education Seminars
- Health Coaching
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
- Predictive Care Management
- Blood Pressure
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Body Composition Analysis
- Prostate-Specific Antigen
- Cholesterol (various forms of cholesterol testing available)
- Skin Analysis
- Various Lab Tests
Are you interested in offering a Wellness Program? For details visit http://www.maximwellness.com/
iWorksite Wellness Implementation Guide